Instinct Based Medicine by Leonard Coldwell (Everything we do either makes us healthier or sicker. Cure yourself)
Instinct Based Medicine.
How to survive your illness …and your doctor
By Leonard Coldwell
Notes & direct citations that I’ve taken from the Instinct Based Medicine book.
Symptoms represent the body’s best efforts to heal itself. By treating symptoms, you are suppressing the body’s natural response and inhibiting the healing process. Instead of treating symptoms, doctors should stimulate the body’s defenses to allow for completion of the healing process.
Children laugh an average of 400 times a day; adults laugh maybe once a day. We are too burdened by life. It is the everyday events that drag us down. Worry is a major stressor We try to do too much. Sugar makes stress worse and so does dehydration. Exercise increases your ability to handle stress. Sunlight decreases stress. Noise will cause a major increase in your stress level. Ongoing stress is what causes diseases. Some signs of stress are confusion, forgetfulness, anxiety, panic, tension, frustration and depression. Anger can trigger high blood pressure and heart disease.
Trust nature. Nature is the way to health. A quick fix is not the answer. Your attitude makes a huge difference on your health. If you are unhappy, you will inevitably get sick. You need to have joy in your life. Happiness is momentary, but joy is lifelong.
- Asthma is not a disease it is a symptom of dehydration usually caused by stress. Asthma can also stunt the growth process in children.
- fatigue, a shortened attention span, depression, irritability and feelings of rejection are also symptoms of dehydration caused by stress and/or water and salt deficiencies. The body needs to be lightly alkaline to be healthy.
- Stress causes lack of oxygen, water and nutrition.
- Most back pain is caused by stress.
- Stress causes dehydration which prevents water replacement which leads to toxemia and acidosis in the body.
- Diabetes can be caused by dehydration.
- The only way to conquer or eliminate stress in certain parts of your life depends on a stable self-confidence and self-esteem based on your own individual value system with a strong instinct-based decision making process. You need to value your life. Stress can only be conquered by the person themselves.
- Sixty percent of illnesses could be cured with stress reduction and water consumption.
- Water is needed for hydroelectricity. The neurotransmitters in the body can only be transmitted properly if there is enough water.
- and water make energy. If there is no water it releases more and more in the bones and will cause osteoporosis.
- Proven DNA damage has been shown from dehydration.
- A good way to tell how acidic you are is to look at your urine; the more yellow it is the more acidic you are.
- Dehydration makes the system acidic.
- Dehydration can mimic symptoms of other illnesses.
- Dehydration causes degenerative diseases such as cancer.
- The hydration of cells goes down from 1.1 to 0.8 between the ages of 20-70.
- Aging is the dehydration of cells.
- Dehydration can be caused by stress and can lead to depression. Three glasses of water and a good 20 minutes of relaxation can do wonders for your stress level.
- Water and nutritional deficiencies can lead to depression, schizophrenia and suicidal thoughts. They are caused by stress.
- If you have to drink tap water you should let it sit for 30 minutes to let the chlorine disappear.
- The body is 75% water and the brain is 85% water.
- Allergies are also caused by stress which caused dehydration and water management disorders caused by histamines.
- Constipation is caused by dehydration. Usually two glasses of water will fix this.
- Heart burn is a side effect of dehydration. You can usually cure this with a lot of water, salt and rest.
- Positive thinking kills people. Only people that use positive ACTION combined with positive thinking will survive. Many people believe if they just “think positive thoughts” everything will turn out fine. But that is the furthest from the truth – positive thinking without positive action is guaranteed death.
- The side effect of stress is a lack of Serotonin because stress causes a lack in vitamin B6 and . Vitamin B6 leads to the production of serotonin by removing the acid in triptophan.
- During the day serotonin controls all the functions of the human body and at night transforms into melatonin.
- The best stress reduction is to find your own values and live by them.
- Learn to listen to your instincts. Depression is not caused by a chemical imbalance: a chemical imbalance is caused by stress and negative effects in your life.
- Let go of your past.
- Let go and move on, you don’t need psychotherapy or a psychiatrist.
- Feelings of helplessness and hopelessness will disappear as soon as you start to feel better about yourself.
- When people start to forgive themselves the healing process can begin.
- Rest and restful sleep is vital for your revitalization process.
- Have four litres of water and half a teaspoon of salt once a day.
- Salt is vital to bone structure. A lack of salt can cause osteoporosis.
- Water loss due to exhaling can constrict the bronchioles and can lead to bronchitis.
- Drink a huge glass of water a half an hour before you eat.
- Chemotherapy and radiation cause cancer.
- Mammograms damage the heart.
- Every illness is caused by a compromised immune system. Most cancer treatments compromise the immune system even more.
- Diabetes type one is caused by milk.
- Diabetes type two can be fixed with the correction of the diet.
- Hypoglycemia is caused by too much sugar.
- Allergies are caused by dehydration and milk.
- Everything we do either makes us healthier or sicker.
- You can not get cancer unless your immune system is severely depressed.
- All cancers are caused by an insufficient immune system, no matter what kind of cancer.
- Stress reduction, fresh juice and a lot of water, exercise,nutrition, salt and detoxification and self esteem are the main components of health.
- Cancer does not grow well in oxygen rich environments.
- You can only repair and heal while you are asleep or in a deep relaxation state.
- For four hours after you eat sugar your immune system is paralysed.
- Drugs don’t cure the disease; they relocate the disease and mask the symptoms.
- Stay away from tap water if you can. Fluoride is a side product of aluminium which causes Alzheimer’s and can cause death in children.
- No-one can cure you! No drug, doctor, system or treatment. The only one that can cure you is you! Your own immune and self-healing system will cure you.
- Smoking causes a shortage of vitamin-C
- We need for changing nutrition into energy.
- Food containing is more effective than substitutes.
- It is a fallacy that we can get our from milk.
If someone can’t envision the future, then healing is impossible. Before anything else, a person must believe that a bright future and optimum health is conceivable. Everything depends on whether you believe in your own success and healing.
The power of your own mind will enable you to handle any obstacle that comes your way. It is always wise to set goals. If you don’t accomplish your goals that does not mean that it is unattainable. You must look for new ways and possibilities to make things happen. When it comes to your health, you must look for ways to eliminate or reduce your pain and suffering and restore your health. Never accept limitations, or settle for less than you can be. You don’t have to live with pain or illness. Don’t allow your mind to dwell on negative thoughts. Keep working on improving the quality of your life and don’t allow your mind to accept limitations, pain or illness.
Success is a journey. If you are on your way toward achieving your goals, then you are successful. If you focus on your health, then you’re on the way towards improving or restoring it. If you don’t give up, you will find a way to to improve the quality of your life. I am 100% certain of that.
I highly recommend reading the book. It has a lot of case-studies and heaps more information than my personal notes. My notes were based on what caught my attention enough to cite, but what catches “my attention” may be different than what catches “your attention” based on what illness/symptoms and interests you have.
- Instinct Based Medicine. How to survive your illness …and your doctor By Leonard Coldwell [Google Books]
- Instinct Based Medicine [Website]
- DrLeonardColdwell.com [Website]