My Health Purchases (which, why, where & how much)
My Health Purchases (which, why, where & how much)
Non-Perishable Health Products I’ve bought over the past year and a half including: where I purchased, & how much I paid (if known): Note: I’ve put a strike through any item that I wouldn’t buy again, and I’ll add the ‘reason why’ I purchased an item to those that are not obvious when I get a chance. This is not a complete list, because I wasn’t always taking note of what I purchased, but I’ll keep adding as I remember.
First updated: 28 Apr, 2014 ~ Last Updated: 24 October, 2014 ~ New items added 05 Dec 2016
- GNC Korean – promotes brain activity, improves blood circulation, enhances memory & cognitive abilities, lung health, immune boosting, improves sleep, & is also used for radiation/chemotherapy protection. Barely take these at all, I’m just not much of a pill popper lol.. but it’s there, and maybe every 2 months or so I might have 1. Capsules $24.80
- Super Foods – antioxidant, beta-carotene, amino acids (protein), Omega-3 EFA’s, , , iron, copper, sulphur, potassium, and .. and happens to make any smoothie taste delicious.. I also make my own homemade icecream with , frozen and coconut. This is a daily addition to my life, or at least, every 2nd time I make green smoothies. Gold Powder (large bag) $17.95
- – happy food.. an amino acid that the whole body can use, and the body knows where it is needed most so distributes accordingly.. stress, depression, memory, hormones, focus, emotions, immune system.. yeah probably need a new blog post just for this one as well.. lasts ages too.. although that might be because I have like 1/2 tsp every couple of months 🙂 $44.95
- Coconut Oil 1.8kg $68.95 – I use this for everything (see blog posts).. it’s my makeup remover, skin conditioner, its in my hair oils, it’s my hand conditioner, lip balm, it’s my toothpaste, I cook with it, I eat it.. I add it to everything. I can’t live without it and I now buy it in big tubs and have some in every room of the house
- – protein that contains all 20 amino acids (& all essential amino acids), high in fatty acids, vitamin e, trace minerals, Omega 3 & 6 in balanced ratio of 3:1, digestible fibre, etc. helps with immunity building, blood, cells, tissues, etc. I add this to smoothies & plan to make skin products out of it too. Seeds $30
- – rich in omega 3, makes you feel fuller because it absorbs a lot of whatever liquid you put with it, fibre, antioxidants, , phosphorus, , , etc. I add to smoothies, but also add it to porridge, and could use as a substitute to rice (but generally grab the instead) Seeds $20
- Flaxseed oil $20 – used to buy this a lot (& love it, nice nutty flavour), but haven’t repurchased for months..I guess I just don’t see a need for it anymore now that I have an abundance of similar items that don’t need to be kept in the fridge or used quickly so flaxseed oil is inconvenient to the “frugal” people like me that like to make everything last for years. Used to add to my salads and oatmeal.
- Picolinate – bought this to curb sugar cravings but it’s still unopened – (update.. just threw it in the bin – expired without ever opening it)
- 100 $19.95 – bought this to increase but now just add foods with to my diet
- Big 50 (B Complex) $21.95 – I have this twice a week & only on work days.. my vitamin B booster. (update.. ran out of these and havent repurchased, but definitely want to find a B booster of some kind)
- – Bought for smoothies, doesn’t taste too good but unnoticeable in smoothies – very noticeable on oatmeal or in other ingredients. I started with 1 tsp per serving but now I put a big heaped tsp (more like a tablespoon) in every smoothie-batch I make (I make green smoothies in batches of 4 at a time thesedays). is rich in vitamin B, C, and E. It also contains , , iron, , phosphorous, fibre, proteins and amino acids. Not yet researched thoroughly but is said to increase stamina, wound healing, healthy bones & teeth, mental energy, focus, regulate hormones, increase libido (in men), & balance the endocrine system (adrenals, pancreatic, pituitary and thyroid gland). Powder
- Spirulina Tablets – Will update with brand when I remember.. so much easier to take this in tablet form.. part of my morning protocol now
Generation of Health (Local Health Shop)
- – stimulates lymphatic system, immune booster, kidney health, liver health, destroys worms/parasites, vitamins A, B complex, C, D, E and K, minerals: iron (41.8mg per 100 g), (2,900mg), (860mg), potassium (1,750mg); , , silica, silicon, and sulphur, contains histamine & serotonin, reduces PMS, lung congestion, heavy metal detox, etc. Added to smoothies when I remember, I should but I haven’t remembered to add it to soups, to my homemade shampoo, and to some skin concoctions, and I should make some tea with it. (update Oct 2014: Add to every 2nd green-smoothie batch now. Update 5th Dec 2016 – Can’t even remember the last time I had this) Tea Leaves $8.20
- – liver detoxifying, liver health, kidney cleanse, antioxidant, reduce inflammation, immune boosting, etc. I bought this for the liver cleanse and still haven’t used it… but I definitely will when I do my liver cleanse detox.. I’m also thinking about trying to use it as an alternative to coffee. (update Oct 2014: Add to every 2nd green-smoothie batch now.. I also purchased coffee separately – it’s not bad, but it’s not the first thing I reach for.. Update Dec 2016 – Can’t even remember the last time I had this) Leaves $7.95
- Neem Seed Oil $5.55 – bought to make toothpaste & mouthwash, but I just dipped my finger in it to taste and almost vomited the second it hit my mouth lol.. sooo I’m not sure what I’m going to use it for now, will have to see what else it can do, because I’m not going to be putting it back into my mouth, I don’t know what the heck others are doing, but it’s literally the worst thing I’ve ever tasted in my entire life (and that’s a big call).(update Oct 2014: Made skin & hair concoctions out of the neem seed oil.. because of the stench, I don’t use the hair oil much but I do put the concoction on my face every now & then – about once a fortnight)
- Bentonite Clay $37.40 – to make skin products, tooth products, and for internal cleansing. Had once since I bought it.. always seems to be the wrong timing. I hope it doesn’t go off before I use it properly 🙂 (update Oct 2014: Ummm forgot I had this, it sits at the bottom of the fridge.. I should really use it soon if it hasn’t already expired.. Update Dec 2016 – Thrown in bin – never used it after that first try)
- Dr Bronner All-One – I use this and coconut soap (alternating) (update Oct 2014: Pretty much use this soap exclusively now) Eucalyptus Pure-Castile Soap Bar $5.95
- – so many benefits, it could fill a book, maybe I should do a blog post on this one (update Oct 2014: This product has become a daily-staple for me.. I actually “feel” worse-off when I run-out.) Powder $20.70
- Epsom Salts $2.70 – baths
- – kidney cleansing (update Oct 2014: Add to every 2nd green-smoothie batch now. Update Dec 2016 – Can’t even remember the last time I had this) Root $7.95
- Ancient Minerals – baths (I don’t buy this regularly but I should.. ) Bath Flakes $19.95
- – heavy metal detox, particular mercury (update Oct 2014: Want to add this to my daily protocol) $18.95
- – an almost daily addition to my meals for a little safe, natural (update Oct 2014: I still add this to a lot of my main meals Update Dec 2016 – Can’t even remember the last time I had this)) Flakes
- increase oxygen in blood, chlorophyll, anti-inflammatory, reduce fatigue, liver cleanse, immunity boosting (update Oct 2014: I’ve started combining tablets + tablets + Spirulina tablets to my morning routine.. just 2 of each, not much – probably won’t make much of a difference having so little of each but it’s just not convenient to remember to take tablets throughout the day so I do what I do..Update Dec 2016 – Can’t even remember the last time I had this ) tablets $25.70 –
- Xylitol $7.95 – purchased to make a mouthwash that can supposedly prevent cavities(update Oct 2014: This is my mouthwash now.. it feels weird using a “sugary flavour” as a mouthwash.. not sure if it’s doing anything good or bad with either Pineal gland or cavities.. nothing noticeable to report either way. Update Dec 2016 – Packed away because was going to move and haven’t unpacked it)
eBay.com.au (including Postage costs)
- Ashwagandha Capsules $37.90 – safe narcotic, sedative, tranquiliser. Support immune system after illness. Acts on reproductive & nervous systems. Support for exhaustion, insomnia, improve learning, memory, reaction time, reduce stress, anti-inflammatory. (Dec 2016 – Just ordered, awaiting delivery)
- Dried Herbs: ASHWAGANDHA Root (Withania) 50g $5.23 + $2.95 postage – safe narcotic, sedative, tranquiliser. Support immune system after illness. Acts on reproductive & nervous systems. Support for exhaustion, insomnia, improve learning, memory, reaction time, reduce stress, anti-inflammatory. (Dec 2016 – Just ordered, awaiting delivery)
- Siberian Chaga Mushroom 30:1 Extract Powder 100g – Organic & Wild Harvested! $45 – age reversal through organ and gland regrowth, deep Immune restoration, ulcers, fights helicobacter pylori bacteria, normalize blood pressure & cholesterol levels, antioxidant, antimicrobial, antiviral, skin blemishes, mood improver, energy, intestnal & liver health, halt oxidation, fight against premature aging and for prevention of serious diseases, cancer fighter, immune system modulator, anti-tumor agent, gastrointestinal tonifier, longevity tonic and genoprotective agent (DNA-shielding), increases longevity and boosts ‘chi’ (life energy), rid kidney stones, highly alkaline and detoxing, longevity, blood cleansing, nutrient dense & rich in B-vitamins (energy/stamina), great for pineal gland / dreams, etc, and … it actually tastes good. (Dec 2016 – Just arrived, delicious and hope to add to daily regime)
- Personalised Bach or Australian Bush Flower Essence Formula 25ml $14.95 – Cerato, Hornbeam, Wild Oat, Wild Rose (Dec 2016 – Just arrived today, tried once)
- – teeth remineralization (update Oct 2014: Another product that I keep in the fridge.. thereby “forget” about it.. I generally only remember to take this when a blog post or podcast I listen to reminds me of it, at this rate, these capsules will expire long before I get through the bottle and have anything to report) (Update Dec 2016 – Still forget to take this & it’s now located in freezer) ™ Royal Oil / Fermented Cod Liver Oil Blend $74.15
- – kidney health, antioxidant, skincare concoctions, decalcify pineal gland, boost energy (update Oct 2014: Used it for the Pineal experiment week and not used it since. Update Dec 2016 – ditto) 1kg Food Grade $17.67
- Clinoptilolite – heavy metal detox (update Oct 2014: Was using daily for a time, and now add to every 3rd-4th green-smoothie batch. Update Dec 2016 – Can’t even remember the last time I had this) , Pure Australian, No Additives $29.95
- Activated Liquid – heavy metal detox (update Oct 2014: Have added a few drops to my work water bottle for the past few months (4 days a week), and will probably re-purchase when I run out. Update Dec 2016 – did not repurchase) *DETOX* Enhanced with DHQ $25
- Activated Coconut Charcoal 500grams $49 – homemade mascara, teeth whitener, powerful detox of over 4,000 harmful toxins, etc. I’ve also just started experimenting using it as a toothpaste and in some skin concoctions.. I am sick of having to open up individual capsules and getting it stuck under my nails so I bought this powder-form today so that I can start using it in a lot of different creations 🙂
- Portable Enema Kit $34.90 – liver & colon cleansing. Update Dec 2016 – still unused.
- 5 x Empty Mascara Tubes $16.69 – homemade mascara
- 100g Pure Australian Beeswax $4.20 – homemade mascara (update Oct 2014: Ended up not using this to make mascara as found a less-messy recipe)
- 100% Pure – spray on legs after work and for better sleep. (Update Dec 2016 – Can’t even remember the last time I had this) Oil 100ml – Chloride Transdermal Minerals $17.90
- 5 x Stainless Steel 750ml ECO Bottle BPA-Free Water Bottles $26.00 – for my various water/vitamin concoctions at work (update Oct 2014: Was a great purchase, wish they were still available so I can buy some more)
- Enviro Products Eastar BPA-Free Drink Bottle – 2.2L Plastic $22 – so that I can ensure I drink at least 2 litres of water a day (update Oct 2014: Definitely recommend this or similar to anyone who wants to drink more water.. you definitely drink more when you have this big jug set out for you at the start of the day.. helps you make a “healthier” choice. Update Dec 2016 – Don’t use this anymore except to fill up at mineral springs)
- Plastic Dispenser Soap Lotion (Empty Bottle with Dispenser) $6.70 – I use this for my sunflower oil (for oil pulling) and keep it in the shower.. but I wouldn’t purchase the same type again, although I’m content with what I have.. next time, I’d get something more sturdier.
- 5 in 1 Kitchen Stainless Steel Silver Tone Steamer Rack $8.58 – for steaming vegetables over a normal saucepan
- Kitchen Stainless Steel $9.82 Garlic Press Crusher Masher
- Collapsible Water Bottle $7.95 – got it for walking as it’s much lighter but it broke very quickly
- 3pc Dental Cleaning Kit $8.95 – DIY Dentistry
- Ionmax OXYLIGHT 25W Daylight air purifier energy saving $26.80 – a light bulb that purifies the air; removes carbon monoxide, smoke, methane, pollen, dander, dust, odours, contaminants and it also is a negative ion generator so it’s perfect around electrical devices like computers
- Ionmax OXYLIGHT 15W Warm White air purifier energy saving $26.80 – as above but with a “night” light so perfect in the evening as you are winding down – this one didn’t last very long, maybe a month, whereas the other one is still going strong after almost a year
- USB Computer lonic Fresh Ozone Air Purifier Ionizer $2.64 – another negative ion generator that I use in my computer
- Mini Car Auto Fresh Air Purifier Oxygen Bar Ionizer $2.23 – another negative ion generator that I use in the car
- 160 Strips PH 1-14 Test Kit Papers $2.90 – useless self-PH testing
- Forks Over Knives DVD R4 $23.02 – great dvd promoting plant-based diets
- Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead DVD $19.00 – great dvd documenting a journey of a raw juice cleanse by an Aussie businessman travelling in the USA
- Min Shan Brand Ming Mu Di Huang Wan 200 pills $11.84 – a chinese herbal tea that is supposed to be good for restoring eye health.. that I still haven’t unboxed (update Oct 2014: Still haven’t unboxed..)
- Dental Plaque Remover Kit $13.79 – DIY Teeth Cleaning – totally awesome.
- Sodium Absorbate Pharmaceutical USP Grade 1kg $28 – Vitamin C mineral (I want to get as many different vitamin c sources as possible). Update Dec 2016 – Can’t even remember the last time I had this)
- Vitamin C mineral (as above) Update Dec 2016 – as above Crystalline Powder Pharmaceutical USP Grade 1kg $21 –
- – wanted to try the difference between the Indian brand I buy and the fresh Australian grown one (haven’t opened it yet.. ) Update Dec 2016 – Add tablespoon to green smoothies. Oleifera Powder – Certified Australian Grown 100g $49 –
- Pure – there are like a million reasons why people start taking , mostly used as an anti-inflammatory (re: “cure all” since a lot of “dis-eases” cause inflammation) I bought it to help de-calcify the pineal gland but finding it’s doing some detoxing as well – it’s either “causing” me to have hayfever, or it’s doing it’s job and doing an excavation of toxins. will have to update this in a few weeks to see if my nose will stop running after a while of taking it hehe.. or if I give up and stop taking it.. (Update Dec 2016 – Can’t even remember the last time I had this) Powder 1kg Highest Quality Human Grade $55
- Doterra – for making various concoctions, drinking, and things like homemade cleaning products, toothpaste, etc. Essential Oil 15ml $10
- NAC N-Acetyl-Cysteine Pharmaceutical Grade 400g $34.18 helps the body produce (important antioxidant because of its location within the cell, which enhances its ability to neutralize free radicals). protects liver, breaks up pulmonary and bronchial mucus, & helpful against viruses. I bought it as recommended from the COPD group that I’m in.. and being one product that I had no knowledge on or personal experience with.. I just wanted to experiment with it to see what it does to me and whether I notice the same positive benefits as others. Update Dec 2016 – Add a little to my green smoothies (like.. the tip of a tsp)
- L-Ornithine Pharmaceutical Grade 100g – others buy it because it has been researched as an antifatigue effect (increasing efficiency of energy consumption and promoting the excretion of ammonia).. but I bought it as a “sleeping pill” for lack of a better word. I remember years ago when I was studying Hulda Clark stuff – she had Ornithine as recommended at nighttime and for morning as part of her anti-parasite protocol and it really worked for me to help me sleep better – possibly because at the time I probably had parasites lol. but …here’s hoping it still does the trick! Because if it doesn’t.. the side-effect for some people is insomnia! arrgh 🙂 Update Dec 2016 – add a tiny bit to my green smoothies
- Pill Box Container Weekly Organizer 7 Days- had this brilliant idea to keep minerals or spices in a pill box organizer.. but alas, it’s just not going to do the trick
Halcyon Health (Local Health Shop)
- – almost daily, or at least 2-3 x a week, added to my drinking water (update Oct 2014: No longer add to my drinking water, but probably wouldn’t be a bad idea, but it’s no exactly.. tasty.. so it puts me off drinking the water sometimes.. so now I’ve recently (this week) purchased 2 different types of vit c powder and have been having both of them twice a day – I keep 2 little tubs of them next to my water filter)
- Biovea ~ Oil of – boost immune system – when everyone else is sick around me, I have a few of these, it’s pretty potent Capsules $18.00
- Shampoo $7.40 – a healthy shampoo I tried.. not much of a fan of it though
- Floradix – delicious -rich & mineral drink but expensive and has to be bought in a big amount and drank quickly Trial $0
- Blue Roc ~ Melatonin Tablets $23.05 – bought this as a sleeping pill replacement.. although it has other benefits (pineal gland) and side effects (it’s got warnings on many sites) so I’ve been careful with this one and I’m not sure on dosages I should be having yet, so I just have one pill every few weeks when I really need to wake up early the next day on nights when I’m still alert and unable to sleep.
- Micro Genics ~ Liver Detox Milk Thistle Complex $19.35 – liver cleanse, not yet used – I bought a whole bunch at once for an upcoming liver detox (update Oct 2014: Wow, forgot about this, really need to get my act together)
- Manuka Honey 30 $16.20 – homemade skin concoctions, also can be used as an antiseptic, I could possibly eat it too but I don’t eat bread and I keep it in the bathroom. Good for kids who are sick too – a tsp of this particular honey can be helpful in strep and other colds/infections.
- Sweet Almond H2Oil $2 – added to my hair-oil concoction
- – list of benefits a mile long, I will do a blog post about it, but I have side effects with this particular one.. every-time I drink this.. I get sore knee & ankle joints.. I have no idea why, need to investigate. (update Oct 2014: Ok I think it was the brand of .. this one was the Sandra Cabolt version but I’ve now switched to pure and have not noticed any effect on joints but getting other symptoms – see ebay section) Plus Vitamin C $26
- anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, protect brain tissue from radiation-induced damage, toxicity prevention, antibacterial, antifungal (update Oct 2014: As with oil, I take this when I notice other people are sick to give my immune system a boost) Oil (Nigella Sativa) Capsules $25.20 –
- anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, protect brain tissue from radiation-induced damage, toxicity prevention, antibacterial, antifungal (update Oct 2014: Add to green-smoothie batches every now and then.. like 1 in 10) (Nigella Sativa) $5.35 –
- Red Bush Chai Tea $5.50 – antioxidant-rich South African rooibos tea which tastes AWESOME (like cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, aniseed). I got it mostly because I thought it might help me drink a lot less coffees, and it’s naturally caffeine free so good to have at night.
- Earth Paste Wintergreen Natural Toothpaste $10.05 – some days, you just don’t feel like putting bicarb & coconut oil in your mouth.. so I’m going to use this one. It’s the most natural I’ve found other than the ones I make myself. Ingredients: Salt, Redmond Clay, Xylitol & Essential Oils
- Bicarb Soda $3.75 (x many times) – um for everything, cleaning, it’s my toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, & I drink it very regularly – a few weeks at a time, then I give it a miss for 3-4 weeks, then I go back on for a week, and so on.
- Balsamic Vinegar – at the beginning on my salads, but I rarely use it now. Supposed to be good for digestion, acquired taste (update Oct 2014: I never use this now and don’t intend to repurchase)
- Cenovis Cranberry 10,000 Mg x 30 Caps $5.10 – kidney health, barely take these but every now and then I remember to pop one 🙂 I don’t like supplements (like this)
- Caltrate Plus Vit D3, , , Copper, $16.60 – got this for & vit D but I don’t have any faith in this product
- Lecithin 1200 – feeds the brain and cleans the arteries and veins. Unfortunately, it’s still unopened.
- Arrowroot (Tapioca Flour) Powder – dry shampoo, for homemade makeup concoctions, for homemade deodorant Update Dec 2016 – Can’t even remember the last time I had this)
- Organic Olive Oil – hair oils, very occasional oil pulling, salads, and drizzling over steamed veg
- Cornwell’s White Vinegar – for soaking veggies, for cleaning, for homemade concoctions, added to my laundry, also in my toothbrush solution
- – my main rice replacement. seeds contain essential amino acids like lysine as well as , phosphorus, and iron. It is also a complete protein source, containing all essential amino acids. Update Dec 2016 – Can’t even remember the last time I had this)
- Lectric Soda Crystals 1kg $4.60 – ( carbonate and sodium chloride) – I use this intermittently when I’m running low on flakes for the bath.. it’s more cost effective, and gives the joints/muscles a relaxing bath, but ideally, the is much better for the body to absorb, but I like to save money too. (Update Dec 2016 – Can’t even remember the last time I had this)
- Lectric Washing Soda $3.90 – ( carbonate and sodium chloride) – I add this to my laundry, so that I can use less laundry powder, it’s a water softener, can help remove stains, dissolve grease, reduces lime scale so actually is beneficial to your washing machine efficiency. Also supposed to be good to make a solution to use for cleaning normal household items like dishes, bins, silverware, showers, toilets, water pipes, sponges, and tiles.. but I haven’t used it for that.. I just keep it in the laundry.
- Earthwise Laundry Powder Fragrance Free $5 – until I can find some borax around here to make my own laundry powder, this is the one I’m using, but thanks to the washing soda above, I only use 1/2 the recommended dose.
Global Healing Center
- Liver Cleanse Kit (– for liver cleansing, colon cleansing, and restoring good bacteria after the cleanses (update Oct 2014: Have the every now and then – like once every 2 months, I am yet to start the liver/colon cleanse.. maybe now that the weather is better.. ) (Update Dec 2016 – Still haven’t done this) ™ , Livatrex® Liver Cleanse, Oxy-Powder® Colon Cleanse) $75.30
- Detoxadine (– this is my supplement now, used for heavy metal cleanse, also for radiation exposure, immune boosting, reducing brain fog, and detoxifying: mercury, fluoride, lead, chlorine, & bromides. This one is the only one I found that doesn’t contain alcohol. I don’t know if I’m just believing marketing hype or not, but it also seems to be the purest form of that you can get. (update Oct 2014: Regular part of my protocol.. couple of nights a week, but probably should use it more often perhaps, or maybe not since I regularly add flakes and take spirulina) (Update Dec 2016 – Can’t even remember the last time I had this, but definitely want to re-add it .. starting tomorrow) , Heavy Metal Cleanse) $32.27
- Postage to Australia $21.51
- High Strength – immunity boosting, I have this if I’m starting to feel run-down. This is the one thing I think every single household in the entire world needs. It truly does help boost the immune system, so if there are things running around at work or home, start taking this and you should get over it very quickly, much faster than everyone else. You can increase the dose when you are sick, and just have it every now and then as an immune booster as you feel you need it, or when you know your body is going to be fatigued. (update Oct 2014: Still a huge fan of this product, will always keep “in stock”.. and this is what I recommend to anyone who has a cold – especially cos I can recommend it to anyone, no matter where they are in the health arena because they can purchase it from a pharmacy) (Update Dec 2016 – Still huge fan).
- Hydrogen Peroxide 3.5% $5 – lots of things.. but I want to get a more purified variety to make up my own dilution-levels.. right now I use it for mould removal, hair bleaching, toothbrush solution, toothpaste, cleaning foods sometimes, I also put drops in my ears when I’ve been around sick people or feel an ear ache coming on, and I use it to disinfect things like phones, keyboards, and door knobs, etc. (update Oct 2014: thesedays just use for ear drops and occasional disinfecting) (Update Dec 2016 – ditto)
- – used to use this daily but haven’t had any recently but will try and remember to reincorporate it, I guess because of the miserable weather right now, I’m having less salads and more steamed veg. This also needs it’s own blog post.. has loads of health benefits. (update Oct 2014: I just use this for my hair now.. as a hair conditioner/rinse) (Update Dec 2016 – re-adding to protocol to drink – haven’t used it in hair for a year … but should) $18
- Spirulina powder– disgusting concoction that I was using to get my .. have replaced with almost daily consumption of flakes and an supplement (update Oct 2014: Instead of powder, I’ve recently purchased a strong tablet version which I haven’t yet added to this page, but it’s heaps easier to take in tablet form, and so is now part of my morning protocol) (Update Dec 2016 – Just use tablets now, not powder)
- Lysine – don’t use this anymore, don’t see the need, but used to use this when I was feeling run-down. Replaced now with & oil. (Update Dec 2016 – A couple of tablets per month)
- Fish Oil 1000mg – bought it.. had it for a few weeks, then learnt about PEO’s and haven’t had them since
San Andres of Water Gardens (Fruit & Veg Grocer)
- – so many benefits (will write a blog post), but I use it in abundance as an inflammatory – this is an almost daily spice for me. (Update Dec 2016 – Try to use daily) $2
- Chilli Flakes $2 – for taste – hardly ever use it anymore since eating more plant-based (Update Dec 2016 – add to stirfries & homemade pizza)
- (update Oct 2014: Add a couple to one salad a day) (Update Dec 2016 – Handful nightly)
- Flaked (update Oct 2014: Daily to both salads) (Update Dec 2016 – don’t buy flaked anymore)
- (update Oct 2014: Should buy more , but for now just use flaked above) (Update Dec 2016 – try to have daily)
- (update Oct 2014: Daily to both salads) (Update Dec 2016 – weekly )
- (update Oct 2014: Daily to both salads) (Update Dec 2016 – need to buy more)
- Cayenne Pepper (update Oct 2014: Once or Twice a week on Chicken tenders)
- (update Oct 2014: Buy fresh in-season and add to green smoothies and salads, but don’t buy it all the time and never when not in-season)
- Cumin (update Oct 2014: Haven’t had this in months.. )
Random Health Shop
- Organic Castor Oil $18.95 – hair oils, for regrowing my eyebrows (it actually works!), as a skin moisturizer, for healthy eyelashes, and for homemade concoctions (update Oct 2014: This got rid of a cyst!) (Update Dec 2016 – add to mozzie salve)
- Melrose Cod Liver Oil – bought this a year ago.. it’s still sealed.. I just can’t bring myself to use it.. I am going to try the this blog post. But I’m starting to care about my teeth a bit more now that I’m healthy.. so I don’t know what I’ll end up deciding. (update Oct 2014: Still unopened) (Update Dec 2016 – thrown out unused) one that I bought instead and see how I go.. the reason it’s still sealed is actually because of
- Quantum-Touch 2.0 Kindle – The New Human: Discovering and Becoming $11 – learning Quantum Touch healing
- Spray Bottles – for various concoctions.. like my hair oils, to water my plants, for shampoo & conditioner concoctions, for my hair dye experiments, etc.
- Travel Containers x3 @ $3/set $9 – perfect various sizes for my homemade concoctions.. eye makeup, sprays, homemade conditioners, spices, in the shower, oil spray, face masques, ointments, toothpaste, keeping “smaller” versions of the big containers close-by (organization). I’m going to keep buying these containers, because I use all of them, they are so very useful when you go chemical-free.
- Mason Jars for my Smoothies – to keep my smoothies fresh overnight or to take my smoothies “on-the-road”.